Update – 1st July
Every driving school has to make it’s own decisions as to how it implements the advice received from the Government. For this reason you may find different driving schools put different procedures in place. It is also likely that those procedures will change over time. Based on guidelines from NASP who represent Driving instructors, these will be the procedures that I will be implementing.
- All lessons will last 1½ hours and cost £45
- All lessons must be paid in advance by bank transfer. Please pay for each lesson individually on the day before the lesson.
Account Name: N P Reynolds.
NOTE 1: this may be a different account to one you’ve paid into before.
NOTE 2: some banking apps may give a message that they cannot verify the account details but will still allow you to proceed with the payment. If you ensure the details you have entered are correct there should be no problem.
- You may not take a lesson if you have had Covid-19 symptoms within the last 7 days or if you have had contact with someone with Covid-19 symptoms in the last 14 days. If you have and have a lesson booked please contact me immediately to cancel the lesson.
- At the beginning of the lesson you will be asked to confirm that you have had no Covid-19 symptoms in the last 7 days
- Immediately before you come to the car please wash your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds
- At the start of the lesson please approach the car but do not enter it until asked to do so. This will give time to ensure that the car is properly cleaned before you get in and all other procedures undertaken ready for your lesson.
- Do not bring anything unnecessary into the car eg bags etc
- During lessons we will have the windows open as much as is practical. You might want to bear this in mind when deciding what to wear for your lesson!
- In the initial phase of returning to lessons I will be asking all pupils to wear masks which I will also do. Ideally, please bring your own.
- If during the lesson the mask is proving uncomfortable we can stop for you to exit the car and remove the mask for a few minutes.
Ideally wear clothing that covers arms and legs.
- You may wear gloves if you wish to do so.
Record keeping, lesson booking and cancellations
- We will not be using the normal appointment/record books
- When booking lessons in car I will immediately send you a text confirmation.
- If you cancel without giving 24 hours notice or don’t turn up to a lesson then the full lesson fee is payable. However if the reason is because you have Covid-19 symptoms then this payment will be waived. You will not then be able to re-book for 14 days.
Update 25th June
We are now allowed to resume lessons from 4th July which means an effective start date of 6th July.
There will be a number of differences compared to what you may have been used to. This will include significant cleaning down of the car between lessons.
Please read the following details carefully:
- No cash transactions. All lessons will need to be paid for on the day before by bank transfer.
- We will not use the pupil record books. If you want to keep a record please bring the book yourself and a pen so that you can write in it yourself.
- At the end of each lesson we will plan the next lesson and it will be texted to you there and then.
- Due to car cleaning requirements between lessons all lessons will be 1½ hours long and will cost £44.
- Please wear clothing that covers arms and legs
- We will keep the windows open as much as possible
- Please wash your hands for at least 20 seconds immediately before your lesson
- If you have any Covid symptoms please text to cancel the lesson. Normally for cancellation for any reason with less than 24 hours notice the lesson fee is payable. For Covid symptoms only this will not apply. You will not then be able to take another lesson for 14 days
Masks are not mandatory. However if you want to wear a mask please provide your own.
- It will soon be possible to book practical tests but not yet
- There will be special procedures in place for practical tests which we will advise in due course.
- Apart from completing the below form, please use text messaging for all communication
In restarting lessons it is almost certain that there will not be enough space for all pupils to start immediately. I will need to give priority to pupils who already have tests booked and who were having regular lessons up until lockdown. It may of course be that some pupils are not wanting to start back with lessons yet, which of course is fine.
With this in mind, to get booked in please complete the following form. Although I will give priority as above, the sooner you send the form the more likely you can get started!